The ZetaCompact Zeta Meter measures the Zeta Potential distribution of particles in suspension using Image Analysis software. The measurement is fully automatic, up to 4,000 particles are tracked in seconds, and the distribution of Zeta Potential is recorded, with the best resolution available on the market. With live visualization of particles via a high resolution digital camera, the user can see the sample behavior. Not a “black box”.
For water treatment it replaces the long and tedious Jar Test, and allows an optimum dosage of chemicals.
- User friendly intuitive menu driven software
- No maintenance required, easy to clean removable measuring cell
- Angular path finding resolution for particles that are settling
- Positioning sensor for easy and reproducible stationary layer detection
- Plot of Zeta Potential distribution, comparison between measurement
- Plot of Zeta Potential versus pH, conductivity or time
This instrument is recommended for most colloidal suspensions with particles from 10 nm to up to 50µm.
For applications where an organic solvent is involved, an optional measuring cell made of PVDF is available.
Calibration: thanks to a positioning sensor with 1µm accuracy, the stationary layer can easily be calibrated with an unequaled accuracy. A simple process also allows the easy calibration of electrical conductivity and pH.
Application: water treatment, petroleum emulsions, flotation of minerals, nanoparticles, ceramic, latex, liposomes, pulp & paper, cement, clay