Laval lab offers a complete line of Platinum Crucibles, Platinum Molds, Platinum Dishes and Platinum Tipped Tongs.
The analytical laboratory is a vital part of all industrial plants and research establishments. The techniques employed therein have developed rapidly in recent years, but the fundamentals upon which many of these techniques are based have remain constant. The majority demand the use of high-purity inert materials. In this category platinum (Pt) has properties that make it an ideal choice. It has a high degree of chemical inertness and yet can be readily fabricated into a wide variety of articles. These, in turn, are used in a wide range of applications: wet chemistry, loss on ignition, Lithium borate fusions, crystal growth, for instance.
PLATINUM is the best known and least rare of the platinum group metals. Its high melting point, 1770ºC, ductility and excellent resistance to chemicals attack by acids and fusion mixtures, makes it very suitable for laboratory use.
PLATINUM 5% GOLD is universally accepted material of choice for borate / glass fusion, Platinum Crucibles and Platinum Casting Molds are usually made of Platinum / Gold alloy. With the addition of gold, the Pt/Au alloy acquires beneficial non-wetting characteristics compared with the use of pure platinum. Molten glass will not adhere to the platinum/gold alloy, making it ideal for use with XRF (X-ray fluorescence) analysis, ICP & AA.
PLATINUM 10% RHODIUM alloy has melting point of 1850ºC, it has greater hardness and higher strength than other platinum alloy. It is capable of maintaining its shape under the hottest furnace conditions.
Our Platinum Labware comes in standard configurations, or we can make it according to your specifications.
If your Platinum Crucibles, molds or dishes are damaged, we offer a refurbishing service: return your damaged Platinum Labware and we will recycle the metal to make brand new items at a fraction of the price of a new labware.
General Platinum Labware
- Standard Form and Low Profile Platinum Crucibles
- Flat Bottom Platinum Dishes
- Platinum Tipped Tongs, Platinum Electrodes
Platinum Labware for fusion (XRF, ICP, AA)
We sell fusion Platinum Labware for the following manufacturer’s fluxers:
- Claisse® Platinum Crucibles and Molds
- Phoenix Platinum Crucibles and Molds
- Leco® Platinum Crucibles and molds
- Panalytical Perl’x and Eagon 2 Platinum Crucibles and Molds
We also offer labware for Herzog, Katanax® and Linn® fluxers.
Other Platinum labware
- EOM Platinum Labware to your specifications
- Evaporation Dishes, Milk Analysis Dishes, Volatile Matter Crucibles, Crucible for Loss on Ignition, Capsule-Kawin Crucibles, Platinum Beakers.
- Platinum tweezers, spatulas, stirring rods, trays, boat
- Platinum Polishing kit including: polishing lathe (variable rotation speed), crucible and mold jig, diamond paste and polishing oil
- Crucible and Mold reshapers